Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tuesday July 07, 2009

Tuesday July 07, 2009
12pm Class

Kelly had us warm up with some sets of floor pressing and 'light' squatting, then wanted us to find our 5 rep max weight for a squat. This was the third set that I thought was going to be my last lift, but he wouldn't have it. Two lifts after 265, I'm glad I was pushed to pick up the bar again.

Thanks to Angel for the spot. Having him 1cm away from my chest did wonders for confidence knowing he wouldn't let me staple myself to the ground.
185x5, 225x5, 265x5, 275x5, 295x5, 300x2

295# was my max 5 rep squat today.

Squat x5 @ 295# 07/07/09 from Aaron on Vimeo.

1 comment:

Trevor said...

When doing heavy lifts you shouldn't have anyone around, so that if you can't handle the weight you can just dump it. I just think that it is safer that way.