- 400m run
- 21 Kettlebell swings
- 12 Pullups
As I was running during round two, I realized I could be running faster. I'm not sure how to describe the difference, but it felt like the difference between having my muscles engaged or not. I lost probably close to twenty seconds, cumulatively, from finding/sharing space on the pull-up bar, but that is just how it goes sometimes. In hindsight, yes I was sweating and breathing hard at the end, but I didn't have the "I know I pushed myself hard" feeling that comes from a 100% effort.
One standard that I did my best to hold myself to was the 'middle of sternum' to the bar on the pullups. It was the requrement at the CF Games this last weekend, and is a good next step to take to add difficulty. Pulling that extra 6-7 inches changes the dynamic of how I can kip up and load my arms for the next repetition.

No comments:
Post a Comment